There have been rumors about Rolls Royce “Sweptail” for 4 years now. The topic was quite a mystery and there were many speculations on the final product.
What is with this mysterious idea from Rolls Royce? It seems that we are talking about the most expensive car in the world. Actually, it is estimated to be a 13 million dollars car! Well, this looks a little bit out-of-the-way, doesn’t it? Of course, such a price is not something new to Rolls, as the company is famous for being the most important luxury cars producers.
It is only fair to say that this Rolls Royce “Sweptail” is unique. Nobody doubted it would not be a huge success and there certainly are passionate car collectors who would have loved to have it. However, the producers chose to make just one car at a special mysterious request. The client came up with the idea of this project and even took part in its implementation. That makes it a manually created car with a unique project.
Things to know about Rolls Royce “Sweptail”
In 2013, one of the most appreciated clients approached Rolls-Royce with a very special request. On one hand, he was a fine collector of unique expensive items such as private jets and luxurious yachts. n the other hand, he came to Rolls Royce to make a dream come true. That is to transform a vision and build an exclusive luxury car. Giles Taylor from the design department loved the idea. Therefore, 4 years later the idea was brought to life and Rolls Royce “Sweptail”was born.
They used a special platform to built the car, the same that stands for the Rolls Royce Phantom series. We are talking about a two-seater coupé resembling the old 1920-1930 models. In fact, the mysterious client was a Rolls Royce cars enthusiast and collector. Also, he was inspired by the great design of classical and modern yachts. So the final product summing up his ideas went out for the public this spring in a memorable car show “Concorso d’Eleganza” in Villa d’Esta Lacul Como, Italia.
Technical details about Rolls Royce Sweptail
Let us see what makes this car a distinct Rolls Royce. „Sweptail“ is equipped with a glass panoramic roof which is quite one of a kind. At the same time, the car body is entirely handmade, inspired by the 1920-1930 models.
- It features a confident and solid character of the front profile, centered on a new treatment of the Rolls-Royce pantheon grille.
- The grille is milled from solid aluminium before being painstakingly polished by hand to a mirror finish.
- The periphery of the front face of ‘Sweptail’ is framed in brushed aluminium.
- A striking silhouette is what defines its unique character. Thus, the lines of ‘Sweptail’ resolve into an elegant form.
- From the leading edge of the windscreen, the roofline accelerates as it fires backwards towards the rear of the motor car, overshooting the boot lid edge to emphasize its length.
- With a longer side window graphic and wide C-pillar finisher this coupé defines its length and proportions.
- The rear of the vehicle pays homage to the world of racing yachts that inspired the client, with its raked stern.
- Both the roof line and the sweeping lower bumper area of the motor car, combine to create a greater feeling of elegance in motion.
As far as the interior is concerned, it is ruled by a philosophy of simplicity and minimalism leading to refinement of all its components and a purification of clutter.
Thus, the new Rolls Royce Sewptail is a good sign about the future of this brand.