Fashion is more than clothing and styling. It’s about designing, tailoring, customizing, fitting, creating an entire business around the trends, the fabrics, the traditions, the innovation and not only. As you already know, there are a lot of schools where you can study fashion and everything related to it.
If you want to get into the industry and you thought about taking it to another lever, you should know the fashion schools from the United States. Here they are!
- Parsons Schools of Design (New York City) – find it HERE.
- Art Institute of Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) – As of 2005, these Art Institutes have graduated over 150.000 students, educating students in the creative and applied arts, including fashion, design, media and even culinary arts. Find it HERE.
- Fashion Careers College (San Diego, California) – FCC offers a 2-year associate degree of arts degree in Fashion Design or Fashion Business and Certificates in Fashion Business and Fashion Design. Find it HERE.
- The Fashion Institute of Technology (Manhattan, New York City) – find it HERE.
- The Art Institute of California (Santa Monica, California) is a member of “The Art Institutes” system of educational institutions and it has programs like Culinary Arts, Culinary Management, Game Art & Design, Graphic Design, Interactive Media Design, Interior Design, Industrial Design, Media Arts & Animation, Audio Production and Digital Video Production/Motion Picture. Find it HERE.
- Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (Los Angeles, California) offers 26 Associate of Arts degree programs, a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management (also available in distance learning) and 9 Bachelor’s degree programs in Professional Studies (International Manufacturing & Product Development, Textile Production & Development, Entertainment Set Design & Decoration, Film & TV Costume Design, Footwear Design, Digital Media and Menswear). Carolina Herrera, Calvin Klein and Michael Kors graduated here. Find it HERE.
- The Art Institute of California (Santa Ana, California) offers B.S., B.F.A., and A.S. degrees in several career-preparatory programs, including culinary programs. Find it HERE.
- The Art Institute of California (San Francisco, California) – Education runs from topics dealing with the video game industry, or special effects within film to Fashion, web design, and advertising. Find it HERE.
- International Academy of Design and Technology (Schaumburg, Ililois)
- International Academy of Design and Technology (Seattle, Washington) – find it HERE.
- International Academy of Design and Technology (San Antonio, Texas) – Its campus includes a 30.000-square-foot freestanding facility with classrooms, lecture rooms, instructional laboratories, computer labs, a library, a bookstore and admissions, academic and administration staff offices.
- Wade College (Dallas, Texas) – Erin Brockovich attended Wade College and graduated with an associate degree in applied arts in 1980. Find it HERE.
- Pensole (Portland, Oregon) worked with Adidas, a brand who has the North American headquarters in Portland. The founder Edwards is a former design director of the “Jordan” brand, a subsidiary of Nike. The school also hold a design competition called the Future of Footwear.
- Otis College of Art and Design (Westchester, Los Angeles) is one of the most culturally diverse private schools of art and design in the country. Find it HERE.
- LIM College (Manhattan, New York City) was founded in 1939 by Maxwell F. Marcuse as the Laboratory Institute of Merchandising, at the request of retailers who wanted a school that would teach students about the fashion business and merchandising. Find it HERE.
Photo Source: Pinterest.
Info Source: Official Websites.