Fashion here. Fashion there. Fashion everywhere. We continue the list of TOP 30 Best fashion schoold in Europe. We just want to help you in taking the best decision in terms of your future in the business of fashion.
In the previous article, we talked about the first 10 best fashion schools in Europe. We took into consideration the alumni that took the courses, the references, the academy degrees, the requirements, the language of study. Shall we continue?
#11. Studio Bercot (Paris, France) – its students have the excellent training and preparation for the job of stylist. Find out more on their website.
- Academy degrees: Fashion design – 3rd year is an apprenticeship.
- Requirements: Fluent French language.
- References: Alumni as Sophie Theallet, Nicole Farhi, Isabel Marant, Martine Sitbon, Lolita Lempicka.
#12. Burg Giebichenstein Hochschule für Kunst und Design Halle (Halle, Germany) – a modern art and design university that combines elements of a design school, an art academy and a media university. It’s famous internationally and has well-equipped studios and workshops for almost all technical and craft processes.
- Academy degrees: BA in Fashion and Textile design,MA in Conceptual Fashion design and Conceptual Textile design.
- Requirements: International potential students must have good knowledge of the German language.
#13. Fashion Design Institut (Dusseldorf, Germany) – FDI was founded on request from the industry in 2008. Fashion Design is a very complex process that goes beyond the development of a concept to a finished model, in so far as it involves the fundamentals of presentation and visual communication. Precisely these requirements can be met by the three training and study courses Fashion Journalism, International Fashion Design and Fashion Management at Fashion Design Institut.
- Academy degrees: B.A. in International Fashion Design, International Fashion Journalism, Luxury Fashion Management. Short courses of Luxury Fashion Management & Product Design. Extra: Summercamp.
- Nota bene: Study programmes in cooperation with the partner universities – IED Italia and University of the Arts London.
- References: Harun Güler (video director, photographer and Master lecturer at UAL, who did video-clips for Victoria Secret, Brad Pitt, Coca Cola, Nestle), Annabelle Baldero (the assistance of John Galliano by “Maison Margiela”), Lisa-Marie Mewes (works for Condé Nast as a stylist and did photo sessions for Vanity Fair & Vogue Italia).
#14. Moholy-Nagy Művészeti Egyetem (Budapest, Hungary) – it is committed to training traditional artist-craftsmen, as well as architects, designers and visual communication designers.
- Academy degrees: 6-semester Textile design BA and 4-semester Fashion and Textile Design MA.
- Requirements: The MA degree is offered in both Hungarian and English language. The BA – only in Hungarian language.
#15. National College of Art and Design (Dublin, Ireland) – founded in 1746 as a private drawing school, it has today 1.000 students and a further 600 students who are taking evening courses. NCAD has 4 faculties and the Design Faculty is the largest one.
- Academy degrees: 3-year BA and 2-year MA in Fashion design.
- Requirements: Programs are taught in English, so all applicants are required to own a high level of competence in English language.
#16. Polimoda (Florence, Italy) – Polimoda International Institute of Fashion Design & Marketing ihas different fields of fashion design, marketing, management, branding, communication, trends, footwear and pattern design as well as research in fashion.
- Academy degrees: Fashion design and technology, Fashion business and brands management, Media and communication, Trend forecasting, Styling, Fashion writing. Extra: Summer courses, seminars and workshops. Find out more on their website.
- Academy degrees: BA and MA.
- References: Polimoda is a member of IFFTI (International Foundation of Fashion Technology Institutes) and you should know that approx. 83% of Polimoda’s students are employed within 6 months of graduation.
#17. L’Accademia Internazionale d’Alta Moda e d’Arte del Costume Koefia (Rome, Italy) – It’s an international academy of Haute Couture and Art of costume. Find out more on their website.
- Academy degrees: BA in Fashion design Project & Research and Pattern making & Tailoring, MA inFashion product management. Short courses of Haute Couture Pattern making, Haute Couture Tailoring, CAD CAM Pattern making, Fashion Marketing, Knitting, Graphic for apparel, Accessories design, Fashion stylism.
- Requirements: BA are in Italian, MA in Italian and in English languages.
- References: Koefia promotes participation in the most important fashion events in Italy and abroad like Mittelmoda in Gorizia, Its in Trieste, Hempel Award in Beijing, China Cup in Shangai, AltaModa in Rome.
#18. Istituto Marangoni (Milan, Italy + Paris, London, Shanghai campuses) – The 4 sites of Istituto Marangoni are truly one of the most international student contexts in the world, with more than 2.500 students from 92 countries. Find out more on their website.
- Academy degrees: A wide range of course possibilities: preparatory, three-year undergraduate and master’s. BA in Fashion design, Fashion image and brand management, Fashion promotion and communication, Cosmetic and Fragrance, Accessories Design. MA in Menswear, Womenswear, Knitwear, Photography, Luxury brand management, Fashion corporate finance and management control for the fashion & luxury business.
- Requirements: Italian, French, and English are the official languages of the school.
- References: Alumni like Domenico Dolce, Franco Moschino.
#19. Latvijas Mākslas akadēmija (Riga, Latvia) – founded in 1919, it has about 700 students who prepare students for work in various market segments – from ready-to-wear to high fashion. The Academy is a member of the Lifelong Learning programme ERASMUS (which aim is to support exchange and cooperation between educational establishments in UE). Find out more on their website.
- Academy degrees: 4-year BA, 2-year MA and 3-year DA in Fashion and Textile design.
- Requirements: Studies are free of charge and the courses are in Latvian languare. Future students need to hold proof of language proficiency.
#20. Vilniaus dailės akademija (Vilnius, Lithuania) – is the largest and oldest art university in the Baltic States, established in 1793. Today, it has over 1.800 students in 4 different cities (Vilnius, Kaunas, Telšiai and Klaipėda). Find out more on their website.
- Academy degrees: Bachelor – Costume design (Vilnius), Costume design/Fashion and Knitwear design (Telšiai), Textile (Vilnius); Master – Fashion design (Vilnius), Textile (Vilnius).
- Requirements: Lithuanian language.
- References: The Academy is ERASMUS+ partner with universities in Austria, Ireland, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, UK, Estonia, Greece, Iceland, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Cyprus, Latvia, Poland, Norway, Netherlands, Portugal, France, Slovakia, Slovenia, Finland, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and Germany.