How do you choose your workout clothing? Do you get what is at hand or do you choose them wisely according to your needs?
They say workout gear should work as hard as you do. But is it enough? Do you think you should also look good in it? It needs to be comfortable enough to let you do your job. Moreover, you must agree that your workout clothing can be another motivator to keep you fit.
Here’s a run-through of what you should look for when buying workout clothing.
- It is not so important to choose a certain brand of sportswear. Make sure they prove to be the best option for you. This means they need to be functional, comfortable and healthy.
- The material, on the other hand, is a very important aspect. When working out you need light clothes which allow your skin to breath. Polyester, Lycra or Spandex are the best options for your fitness training clothing. Only buy high quality material clothing to avoid unpleasant skin reactions such as allergies or skin irritations.
- There are special clothing lines made of special fibrics. You may want to try Thermolite®, Climawarm®, Coolmax®, ClimaLite®, cClimaCool®, X-static®, Lycra® or Dryfit®.
- Polyester is the best. However, if this is not an option for you, try cotton. This would be a healthy choice. Nonetheless, make sure you have a spare set of clothing as cotton retains sweat.
- Colors are a matter of choice. Avoid white workout clothing, as it gets dirty pretty soon. Also, grey is not suitable if you sweat a lot. But you may want to consider black, blue and red, for a change.
- Use cotton shorts. They should not be too large to entangle you while working.
- Sports shoes must also be comfortable and allow you to move easily.
- It is preferable to use ankle white socks.
- The towel is a must have at gym. Use it when working with the fitness equipment or to keep your body dry.
- Fitness gloves will protect your hands while using heavy fitness equipment.